Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mid-Morning Update: 10:33 (fire news)

Mary, a neighbor down the way on Kommers Lane, just telephoned Red to report that she had been allowed in Modjeska Canyon and visited our neighborhood. While there are losses in the canyon, it seems as if our neighborhood has been spared at this point.

Mary said that the sprinkers were still on on our house. Before evacuation, Red Emma and Rebel Girl put the lawn sprinklers on the roof and turned them on. They left them on when they left.

The sprinklers are still on.

Red has just left (once again) to confirm this report if possible. He will also try and drive into Lambrose Canyon to check on Chunk's family compound.

Good luck to us all.

5 comments:

Leightongirl said...

Oh Reb, thanks for the update. We are holding out hope over here. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Reb,

Thanks so much for the update. Surfboy and I have been thinking of you guys so often and our offer still stands.

Anonymous said...

R&R:

Goddamnit.

I don't know what to say, except that if hope and wishing can make it so, then it is so.

I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Rebel Girl!

I just heard from Anne. I'm glad to know things are looking good for now. I'm sending all my good energy and protective thoughts your way.

Love to all.

Yolanda said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...