Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I called myself and I seem to be fine

I called my own house (not far from Hamilton Trail) early this morning, and boy was I glad to hear my notoriously surly (or mock surly) message: "Leave a message if you must!"

Called my parents' house too. The answering machine worked! So it appears that the Wheeler Compound in Live Oak Canyon/Lambrose Canyon is OK.

I called the Reb's house (deep in Modjeska Canyon), but all I got was a busy signal. That didn't sound good. Since then, however, I've heard that her house was spared. No doubt, we'll be hearing from the Reb soon.

I'm at school, having taught my morning class, but we just got the word that classes are cancelled starting at 1:00 p.m., owing to poor air quality.

Well, that works for me.

Thanks to everyone for all the well-wishing and offers of assistance. Sunny and I appreciate it very much.

Sunny says "hey!"

7 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

Hey!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the phone rang! Wishing you well.
Melanie

Leightongirl said...

Oh great! A ringing phone is a lovely sound.

Anonymous said...

Thnking hard about you Rebel Girl, Red Emma, and the sprout, from across the continent. It has just started raining here in Washington DC after 35 days--wish I could send some your way. All the luck there is--Ruth Mitchell

Anonymous said...

Who's the cute guy--the one with the beard?

Roy Bauer said...

Lady, I'm the cute guy!

You are a lady, right?

(Nice to hear from you, Sweet Thing.)

Anonymous said...

I'm female, but I don't think many would call me a lady, though perhaps a Sweet Thing.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...