They say he was a real gentleman. But he was also a real nut. Shared the thinking of the John Birch Society, an organization he often defended. He seemed to have loony ideas about "Africans," some of whom he imagined were "barefooted." He was down on the civil rights thing. Voting rights too.
Still, a really sweet guy. They say.
• Utt the Nut gets Patch job - January 22, 2012
• Academic Senate sends "resolution" to BOT recommending that the Utt Library be renamed - January 21, 2012
• More on Utt the Nut: "Extensive experiments in hypnotism and rhythm" - January 16, 2012
• James B. Utt: conspiracy theorist, whack job - January 15, 2012
• James B. Utt on the radio, 1969: in his own seriously wacky words - January 14, 2012
• Congressman Utt’s racist remark - January 13, 2002
• Utt the Nut helped put "under God" in the Pledge - December 29, 2011
• James B. Utt remembered - February 10, 2010
• Saddleback College's "Nutt" Memorial Library - December 30, 2009
George Will, Having Left Republican Party, Urges Conservatives to Vote Against Donald Trump (Fortune) George Will, a longtime pol...
Cover me with kisses, baby Cover me with love Roll me in designer sheets I'll never get enough Emotions come, I don't know why C...
Adrianne Lenker is just the best. It came over her at a bad time Riding through Winona down the dotted line Held us gunning out Nine...
[UPDATE: it's confirmed. The board added the names of Grimm and Boettger to the list of faculty to be granted tenure (item 6.9).] ...