They say he was a real gentleman. But he was also a real nut. Shared the thinking of the John Birch Society, an organization he often defended. He seemed to have loony ideas about "Africans," some of whom he imagined were "barefooted." He was down on the civil rights thing. Voting rights too.
Still, a really sweet guy. They say.
• Utt the Nut gets Patch job - January 22, 2012
• Academic Senate sends "resolution" to BOT recommending that the Utt Library be renamed - January 21, 2012
• More on Utt the Nut: "Extensive experiments in hypnotism and rhythm" - January 16, 2012
• James B. Utt: conspiracy theorist, whack job - January 15, 2012
• James B. Utt on the radio, 1969: in his own seriously wacky words - January 14, 2012
• Congressman Utt’s racist remark - January 13, 2002
• Utt the Nut helped put "under God" in the Pledge - December 29, 2011
• James B. Utt remembered - February 10, 2010
• Saddleback College's "Nutt" Memorial Library - December 30, 2009
[UPDATE: it's confirmed. The board added the names of Grimm and Boettger to the list of faculty to be granted tenure (item 6.9).] ...
As we reported previously , IVC's Vice President for Student Services, Linda Fontanilla, has been making the rounds making th...
Some of our readers have complained that IVC college administration has failed to communicate the serious financial situation our col...