Saturday, July 9, 2011

The cat puked on my homework

Actually, this happened last week. I had a big pile of student work—final exams, really—sittin' at the end of my couch. They've been sittin' there for over a month.
Well, TigerAnn, resident cat, got sick (like cats do) and puked all over this student work. I saw it happening. She began retchin' like they do. I immediately suggested to the Tige that she move over to the floor or someplace else to do her Technicolor Yawn. But she seemed determined to puke exactly on this big pile of paper. And so she did. You know cats.
Annie came around and I told her, "TigerAnn just puked on these final exams."
"Really? Is she OK?"
"Yeah, but I think some of these exams are pretty nasty."
"Oh."
Here's a closeup:


I came across these old photos of Stettin, Pommern (Germany). They show some neighborhoods very near my mom's old neighborhood (Rosengarten). Very cool:

That's Jacobi-Kirche in the background. I think this is BreiteStrasse ("broadstreet"), which is very near Rosengarten.



Not sure where this is in old Stettin, but it sure is cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely beautiful pictures of Stettin. They will help me to erase the images of cat-puke (which I have witnessed far too often)!

MAH

Anonymous said...

When I was in grad school, one of my professors returned seminar papers that her cat had urinated on. I am not sure which is worse, urine or barf. Even though I received an A+ on that assignment, it quickly went in the garbage. Blech.

Anonymous said...

Urine is definitely worse; trust me--in part because it seems to linger forever.

But: did you save the paper in your computer (I hope), or was it in the "old days," pre-personal computer?

MAH

Anonymous said...

Cat-puked papers could go two ways: if you've got some good students, it's unfortunate. If you get atrocious papers to read like I do (you must), students who mangle the English language beyond recognition and require a translator to understand, barely showing an understanding of philosophy and seemingly written 15 minutes before submission, there's no tragedy there. In the latter case, smart cat!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...