Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today's adventures in and around Pacifica

Tiger Ann was her usual lovely self today. Here's TA through glass.

Here we find her in the bay window, sunning herself.

Sister Fannie collects neat old objects, like this terrific old wooden ruler that unfolds. I collect 'em too.

So, naturally, we went up the coast--to Rockaway Beach (see the pic)--to an antique shop. See my Chrysler 300?

Bought some goofy items. I'm puttin' that plastic finger up on our office door. Don't know about the rest. I like the bat lady a lot.


Drove down to San Gregorio, Neil Young's neck o' the woods. They've got a way cool General Store there.

"He tried to do his best, but he could not." (From "Tired Eyes.")

I do believe that my sis knows Peggy Young. Nice lady, apparently.

Fannie and I happened to watch The Aristocrats the other night. Bob Saget (of all people) was one of the standouts of that notorious film. Turns out that Saget often employs Fannie's Piano Player boy friend, who can often be found ticklin' the ivories at a dump down in Rockaway Beach.

It's a small world, boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, back at our ranch, you missed a heck of a meeting. Two marathon public comments sessions -- one on Don Wagner's scholarship ceremony "invocation" and one on Carmen Dominguez's mysterious reassignment away from musical theatre. And the Board Reports are also not to be missed.

Sorry, I don't know about any actual VOTES. It was my bedtime before they got to that.

Roy Bauer said...

Gosh, thanks, Ms./Mr. 10:39. Tell us more! -CW

Anonymous said...

Hi Chunk! I absolutely love these pics you took on your vacation, especially of Tiger Ann, the kitty. She looks sooo cute in those pics. Almost like a little cuddly kitten (even though I'm not so sure she is). Meow! Meow!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...