Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Hey, baby, it's the 4th of July!



She's waiting for me
When I get home from work
Oh, but things just ain't the same
She turns out the lights
And cries in the dark
And she won't answer when I call her name



Well it's been building up inside of me

For oh I don't know how long

I don't know why

But I keep thinking

Something's bound to go wrong
But she looks in my eyes


Well it seems that everyone we've known
Their love's grown cold, hearts turn to stone
One by one they break, it's such a shame
And now you say you wanna do the same



And each girl in my little red book
Knows you're the one I'm thinking of
Won't you please come back [to me]?
Without your precious love I can't go on
Where can [love] be?





Hey, little girl, you don't have to hide nothin' no more
You didn't do nothin' that hadn't been done before




Well I got down on my knees

(got down on my knees)

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...