Thursday, January 11, 2018

Music for a hard start


Adrianne Lenker is just the best.
It came over her at a bad time
Riding through Winona down the dotted line
Held us gunning out
Ninety miles down the road of a dead end dream
She looked over with a part smile
Caught up in the twinkle, it could take awhile
And the money pile on the dashboard fluttering
As she said woo
Baby, take me
And I said woo
Baby, take me too

Gosh, the guitarist sure sounds good.
I dedicate their version of "Money" to the FA.
Money don't get everything it's true 
What it don't get, I can't use 
I want money 
That's what I want

In a dream I saw you walkin'
Like a kid alive and talking
That was you

This definitely counts as sexual harassment. Sorry.
Try to imagine the blues tradition without mega-incorrectness.
I went down to Eli’s
To get my pistol out of pawn
When I got back home
My woman had gone
Yeah, gonna murder my babe
Ooh, if she don’t stop cheatin’ and lyin’
Well, I’d rather be in penitentiary than to be worried out of my mind 
I’s comin’ home last night
Just about 4 o’clock
A little moonshine joint in the rear
Was just beginning to rock
I kinda eased upside
To get a better view
I saw my woman
Doin’ the monkey, too
Yeah, gonna murder my baby,
Ooh, if she don’t stop cheatin’ and lyin’
Well, I’d rather be in penitentiary than to be worried out of my mind 
I give all my money
Tryin’ to be nice and kind
She takin’ all my money
Spent it all on beer and wine
Yeah, gonna murder my babe
Ooh, if she don’t stop cheatin’ and lyin’
Well, I’d rather be in penitentiary than to be worried out of my mind
For the full recording, see here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not much to comment on but good music to enjoy.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...