Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bugsy

     Bugsy took a turn for the worse today. My sister found him to be sluggish and a little hot, so she called me. I went out to buy a pet thermometer, and we eventually determined that he had a temp of 104.3. That’s pretty high, cat-wise.
     Called the hospital. We hatched a plan to see where the temp goes; if it stayed high, we’d take him in. So, an hour later, his temp was still at 104.3. So we took him back to the hospital, where his temp passed 106. Sheesh. They got to work on 'im.
     Just got a call from the hospital. Bugsy’s red and white blood cell counts are way low, and his platelets are—well, it’s pretty bad. They’re trying to bring his temp down (with ice, antibiotics). I’ll wait to hear from our doctor in the morning.
     Doesn’t look good.
     The little man was a real trooper through it all tonight. Didn’t complain. Just took it.
     Sweet little guy.
     Good grief.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Best of luck to the little guy. Thinking of you!

MAH

Anonymous said...

Aw, bad news. We know you love that little dog. Hopefully the chemo will make a big difference and you won't lose her. Cancer is a nasty thing.

Anonymous said...

He's at the hospital, getting pretty good care, I think. My folks will be visiting their little boy some time today. He's not likely to be sent home today, but it is possible. His numbers are pretty bad, despite having received a transfusion. I've got my fingers crossed. -RB

Anonymous said...

Pets are family. I'll keep positive thoughts in the universe for the little man.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...