Thursday, July 11, 2013

"I Wish I Was Your Mother"


     When I was in high school and then in college, I was a huge Mott the Hoople fan. One of their better songs (from about 1973) is Ian Hunter's "I Wish I Was Your Mother," one of their quieter efforts.
     Yesterday, I bought Annie a mandolin and immediately tried to pick out the mandolin part from this song. McKee uses a similar mandolin part in her version above. Great stuff. (See LYRICS; great song)

Since we're on the subject of the great Maria McKee:

This gal is intense. Check out her guitar playing at the end.
Once again, I'm in love

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...