Monday, April 18, 2011

At last, an apology

Marilyn Davenport Speaks: Author of Obama-Ape Email is Sorry (NavelGazing)

OC Weekly has the "exclusive interview"
..."Basically, I want people to know that I humbly apologize and ask for forgiveness for my unwise behavior," she reads, glancing up in between sentences. "Before I sent that email, I should have stopped to think about the historical implications [of depicting a black man as an ape]. That can be offensive. Obviously, I have unintentionally offended others, and I am so sorry."....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly she is not a graduate of a community college where she would have learned better than what she did. And clearly she was pressured by the political bosses to retract her sketch and comments. Neanderthal is the appropriate for such a group of insensitive, narrow-minded folks with an ideology that cannot apparently be modified to accept other views of the world and the people in it.

Anonymous said...

i want to see Obama's birth certificate!!!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...