Thursday, February 10, 2011

District Claims Defeat, says Lariat

     Yesterday, I learned that the Lariat had put out a new edition with a front page story about the prayer lawsuit (Westphal v. Wagner). I found the online edition and read the story. It didn't seem worth mentioning, and so I didn't.
     But now I'm told that, in the print edition, the story sports the following headline:

"District Claims Defeat in Invocation Lawsuit"

     Claims defeat? At first, I figured this was just some kind of error. But then I got to thinkin': hmmm. Maybe this is a new strategy. Claim defeat! Lower expectations!
     Brilliant!
     I guess Nancy's been reading those Accred letters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a bit confused. Or it the Lariat confused? or is Nancy confused?

Anonymous said...

No doubt one of those Lariat kids wrote "defeat" when they were thinkin' "victory." I nice mistake.

Anonymous said...

I washed my feet. What a treat. I am effete. Isn't that neat? Dissent can't be beat!

Anonymous said...

The Lariat is a waste of paper.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...