Monday, April 5, 2010

Captain Colorado and Sheena



Captain Colorado sent me this crazy video by some band. Art lovers beware (it's Pageant of the Master*****s). The video is pretty funny and odd. I especially like the part with Vinnie Van Gogh, singing, despite his ear issue. Jesus and the gang breaking into the "Last Supper Club" is also fun.

Meanwhile, Sheena, formerly of the jungle, sent me the picture below, which I am calling "Turkish Sky." She took it some time ago. Nice.

Earlier, she had sent me a pic of a young Sheena and her pet mountain lion, back in the day. (I know she lived in Africa as a child. But are there mountain lions in Africa?) There they were taking a bath together, Mister Lion looking up into the camera (see below). Then there they were again, with Mr. Lion evidently chewing a chunk out of her arm (but not really, I guess, since I've never noticed anything missing on Sheena's body, and I've looked).

That Sheena is full of surprises. One time, she sent me her "Vixen on motorbike" pics. Stunningly va-va-voomular. I made the mistake of asking, "Who's the, um, gal on the bike?"

"It's me, goddamit!" she said. Something like that. You gotta be careful around Sheena. I find that that's true about all women, really. You can say just about anything to a guy. Doesn't much matter. Women? Not so much.


Absolutely nothing happened at IVC today. It's dead, man.

Speaking of Colorado, Rebel Girl is headed to a conference in the Centennial state tomorrow. She and her partner in travel have attempted to scope out all the vegetarian restaurants along the way. Me, I figure there aren't any. "Vegetarian restaurants? Forgetaboutit. Just go to a freakin' Denny's and order some French fries, soup, pancakes--that kinda shit."

That's when I learned: you never suggest Denny's to Rebel Girl. Never. Never ever.

Evidently.

"What about a bean-and-cheese burrito at Taco Bell?" I suggested.

She glared. Said the wrong thing again, I guess.

(*Yep, I corrected the name of the Jungle Queen.)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the effect on the bath-kitty pic. Makes his eyes so beautiful.ES

Anonymous said...

Lovely kitty!

Anonymous said...

So, where are the motorbike pix?

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know how Sheeba would feel about my posting those pics. I fear that she will unfriend me. Plus I don't want the blog to be about, well, vixens and babes. Sheeba is amazing, cuz she's both a babe and she's damned smart. She's quite nice, too. I figure there's got to be something wrong with her, hidden to mortal eyes. Maybe she's Beelzabub (sp?). Gosh, that makes her even more attractive, somehow. but, no, unless I get the go ahead from Sheeba (and probably not even then), I ain't gonna post those pics. Forgetaboutit.

Anonymous said...

"Turkish Sky" is wonderful. Nice going, Sheena/Sheeba/vixen/babe/mountain lion's friend!

MAH

Anonymous said...

When did "unfriend" become a transitive verb?

Roy Bauer said...

"unfriend" is, I believe, a Facebook concept. One friends people by accepting their solicitations; but one can always unfriend those whom one has befriended. Is such language appalling? Guess so.
On the other hand, friending isn't really like befriending, now is it? It's a shallower, iffier sort of thing. And so now it has its own concept. And if one can "friend," then surely one can unfriend. --Your friend, BvT

Roy Bauer said...

I didn't mean to imply, of course, that I have merely "friended" Sheena, though I have indeed friended her (on Facebook). I have also befriended her, sans Facebook (she was a student of mine a year or so ago). Gosh, being modern is complicated.

Anonymous said...

Like "texting" and "texted". I have teenagers, and I have to hear the word "texted" in so many conversations. (As in "And then, he, like, texted me, where he was gonna be, you know, and, blah blah blah...) I hate the way it sounds. ES

Anonymous said...

BvT:
You really should just own up to the fact that you go around "friending" random hot motorcycle babes on Facebook - everyone will find out soon enough what you're really about, anyway. Just sayin'. ES

Roy Bauer said...

Last night, Sheena warned me to bring my "A game."
Good grief.

Anonymous said...

The BABES on FOX News are extremely intelligent!

I think BvT's in love with this Sheena. You need to tell her, buddy!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Sheena knows you can't take a joke... :)
ES

Anonymous said...

I was in class with both of them, and I don't think he's in love with her. More of a mutual admiration thing, I would think. ES

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...