Thursday, August 6, 2009

Born late, '78

Been archiving old photos again. Today: pics from 1978.

This one's nice, eh? (Click on it.)
Nowadays, this area is part of the city of Rancho Santa Margarita. Back in the 70s, as I recall, it was a vast, empty plain: Plano Trabuco.

This is the magnificent Ildy Pie. Very sweet and very smart. A great watchdog. Amazing athlete.

Visiting with my sister somewhere on the coast north of San Francisco.

Attila the Pup, atop Santiago Peak (Saddleback Mt.).
Attila seemed to enjoy the magnificent view.

Things occasionally got a little "physical" when my brother Ray came around. Attila would always break up these fights.
What a sweet guy!
He was my best pal.

Graduation day (UCI), with my best friend Greg.

2 comments:

Bohrstein said...

Oh no, a mustache?

Gee, that must-ache.

Fantastic puns aside, how old were you in this picture? Also Ildy-Pie is awesome. I used to have a German Shepard, his name was Wagner. He was big enough that my sister used to ride him like a horse through our backyard, when she was four (I think).

BS

Roy Bauer said...

Never road Ildy or Attila, though a four-year-old might have done the trick.

I was 22, about to turn 23, when the picture was taken.

Greg went back to the midwest. I think he's the VP of some company back there. Gotta get back to him. He was a good guy.

Yeah, hair comes and goes in my saga. I'm thinking of clean-shaven now. Something tells me it doesn't matter one jot.

I'm in San Luis O right now. A good friend's wedding tomorrow. Sheesh.

Almost got a teaching job here once.

Coulda been, woulda been.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...