Saturday, May 16, 2009

A fabulous party for our Julie

Last night, in Ladera Ranch

(Click on the photos to enlarge them.)

Much laughter


These gals (I think Jan, at right, was the ringleader) sang a tribute song for Julie to the tune of Marvin Gaye's "Heard it Through the Grapevine." It starts with

Oooooh, I bet you're worried what you'll do
When it's time for program review
And the writing gal you abused before
Flips off her deans and shrieks, "I'll take no more"
It comes as a surprise, it seems so soon
But we found out that in June, ooooh

We heard it through the grapevine
Julie Willard's leaving Irvine--oh, yeah
We heard it through the grapevine
And she'll just tell Keith to pour more wine...

It was all very sophisticated, of course.


Louis was in a good mood, except at this moment.

They were really hungry, OK?


The Senate slathered Julie with a resolution. Numerous "whereas"s were endured by the Julester. I laughed at one of 'em. She smacked me like she does.




Someone observed that Keith and I are virtual twins.


More sophistication.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really was a great party. Julie deserved it.

Anonymous said...

Everyone at this remarkable party, as Julie said, deserved it. As a Saddlebacker, I've always admired the friendships the IVC faculty and staff have developed. Maybe it's because of all the collisions you have had over the years: it's brought you close.

Anonymous said...

Great party!!! I had a wonderful time.

Beth

Robbi N. said...

Great party! I know we will all miss Julie.

Anonymous said...

Keith is especially fond of his picture with Roy- hmmmm. Everyone who came made this party unforgettable for me. Thanks so much.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Gad; looked like great fun. I was jealous, and I don't even know Julie! Who's the adorable couple between Limber Lou (in "shadow" mode) and the sophisticates?

Anonymous said...

I like how Wendy can balance her cup on her forehead! Excellent!!!!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...