Friday, August 1, 2008

Technical problems

.....Two Dissent readers have contacted me because they can't open the blog with Internet Explorer. No doubt this is a widespread problem among IE users. [UPDATE, 8/2: one IE reader says he can now open DtB. How about others?]

.....Reminder: I have started a new blog: Contra PalaVerities. You will not be surprised to learn that it is the finest blog of its kind in the entire universe. Or not. The url is

contrapalaverities.blogspot.com

.....So far, CP behaves as though it were nearly invisible. I think I'm having technical problems there, too. Plus, these new glasses are shit. Boy am I feeling old.

7 comments:

Bohrstein said...

Apparently just removing the site meter is supposed to be the fix?

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about the photo of you, Roy. You look a little weird in it, perhaps not quite your best. I like the "looming/brooding" one of you, that appears with your comments, better.

Well, obviously, I can get into DtB and make comments. The site seems to me to be up and running.

Anonymous said...

He looks a "little weird" because he IS a little weird, ginga!

Anonymous said...

So he did that on purpose. He has to work at looking weird. Since I don't have to, I missed that.

Anonymous said...

Your hand, holding the novelty glasses, looks a little weird too.

Bohrstein said...

It appears site meter fixed the problem - IE works fine for me.

Roy Bauer said...

Yes, it appears that SiteMeter's html code was problematic for the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...