Tuesday, June 10, 2008

OC: 1st female sheriff/Sunny summer day

Sandra Hutchens named new Orange County Sheriff
Board names first female sheriff

.....It was an odd day. I went to school with Rebel Girl to take care of some bullshit. The weather was fantastic. I took the Reb to this fish taco place that she likes.
.....School was a ghost town, mostly. After taking care of business, we "toured" the place, looking for something to write about. Took two or three pics, nothing special. Talked to some friends. "Thanks," said someone. Don't know what for.
.....Driving home with the Reb, I looked at the trees and the hills. I was struck, as I often am, by the weirdness, the utter strangeness, of the existence of anything at all.
....."Existence sure is strange," I said.
....."It's all we've got," said the Reb.
.....Sometimes I don't know if I'm happy or sad. I saw the sparkle of the leaves on the trees. I marveled at the great golden hills.
.....OK. Happy, then.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we get a Chunk and Reb "American Gothic" photo with the rake/pitchfork in the photo next to the truck? That would be swell, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Affirmatine-Action is alive and well in the OC.

Anonymous said...

Affirmatine-Action?

Just ask Mike Carona and his pals, he'll tell you what kind of action there is but I never heard it called that!

Anonymous said...

Chunk,
it's called bi-polar disorder.....

Anonymous said...

Yes, 5:51 -- you and your ilk are a dying breed here in the OC. Sniff.

Anonymous said...

you speak of our demise way too soon ginga

Anonymous said...

She's excellent, she has integrity, AND she's 53!!! Praise the goddess.

Oh, don't bother, Christian evangelical types; I'm a confirmed agnostic drawing ever nearer to atheism.

But what fabulous news this is!

I love the orange truck photo--totally cool, Chunk.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make $150,000.
I think I will sign up and arrest all of ya!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...