Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sarah, Adam, and Uncle Chunk at the recital

.....Sarah participated in a piano recital at the Merage Jewish Community Center up above UCI. I showed up, didn't know what to expect.

.....Adam, who's three and a half, looked a little lost, so I lent him my sunglasses. He said, "they're too big." I said, "No, Adam, they're perfect," and I stuck them on his head. He wouldn't take them off after that.
.....Sarah, who's five, is a funny kid. She's shy, but she's not. She wasn't the slightest bit nervous standing in front of hundreds of people on that stage today. But if a stranger comes up and says anything to her, she hides her face in momma's dress.

.....Adam and I played with my Nikon in the dark. I turned off (yes, off) the flash and took these pics of him. He took some, too. He loved it.

.....Sarah's very sweet, but she learned early on to use her eyes to communicate something, not sure what. Seems to me she wasn't born a tabula rasa. Nope. Almost from the start, she gave me the stink eye. She's got fifteen shades of stink eye now, some kind of miracle. Almost makes me a theist. A Deist maybe.
.....Do have a look at 13 Stoploss, which is on our blogroll at right. There's something special going on there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah's cheeks and Adam's stunningly white teeth: adorable! Wish I could'a heard the music.

Please, Chunk, insert a buffer of some kind between that HIDEOUS goo-bug and the kids; it's creepy to have him so close to them!

Anonymous said...

My daughter does the same thing. Can perform like an old vaudeville pro, but get behind me instantaneously to hide from individuals. And if Sarah really knew how cute she is, she'd be phenomenally dangerous.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...