Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Destroying the fabric of collegiality," 2000

.....Dissent presents another golden oldie, from January, 2000.
.....Chancellor "El Ced" Sampson targets "delegation of authority" to faculty.
....."Shared governance" may be law, but Steve Frogue is agin' it, or so he says. What an idiot.
.....Yep, he's against it. So's Dot Fortune; so's Johnny Boy.
.....For some reason, Don Wagner plays the bongos.
.....We're "destroying the fabric of collegiality" with this, says Dave.
....."I didn't do the research for this meeting," acknowledges Dot, but does that slow her down? It does not.
.....Hey, could we amend this? asks Marcia.
.....Nope, say the Board Majority.
.....It all went downhill from there, of course. We've got the board from hell. Check it out:



For Dissent's account of this board meeting, see Sampson takes aim at "delegation of authority".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The music really sucks, Chunk.

Roy Bauer said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Don Wagner really does play bongos!

Anonymous said...

I like the music!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, for the most part while I remember what went down during the "Frogue & Dottie years" I am just grateful to whichever higher power got rid of Dottie for us, including the ever fantastic faculty union, & a good old fashioned P.I. Frogue b/c of his really bizarre anti-Semitism that was a scurge on the district & anybody w/any common decency, & Dottie b/c she has got to be one of the 2 most idiotic & evil people I've ever met. I really thought that she had some serious mental problems up stairs. You know, while I was dancing in the streets when this Holocaust denying rat bastard was forced to retire "for health reason" I think I went over two streets doing the happy dance when Dottie was ousted. I just sat there & nearly dropped my phone receiver when that morning I received phone calls from 2 members of the SOCCCD faculty one of which just said, "You better be sitting down for this, but 'Ding dong! Dottie's Gone." This time I believed it to be true, & not some hoax like it was once before. The only words I could think of at the time, "Thank God that insufferable bitch is out of there!" Heck, she'd already been shunned after she had this "religious conversion" from being a Democrat to this "staunch Republican." You know, "Pinch me! I must be dreaming." I just sat down I took it as manna from heaven. Then the icing on the cake was when I was told that it was the faculty who hired this private investigater who found the mail box address that she was living in to illegally keep herself in the district, when she supposedly lived up in San Luis Obispo. What a scum bag! Now we just have to contend w/Fuentes, & literally his days are numbered.:-)

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...