Thursday, December 20, 2007

This is how we feel

SOME OF MY STUDENTS tell me that they “feel” that they should get an A. “I attended practically every class,” they say.

Some tell me that they “need” an A. I always stare back blankly. Then I ask one or two questions. I soon discover that these students feel that their “need” of an A is a reason that I should grant them one.

Sometimes, I think: "if this student's hair were on fire, would he/she do anything about it?"

THIS MORNING, the OC Register reported (OC feels more fit than rest of us) that “people [in Orange County] think they’re doing so well that improving their physical and financial fitness is not a top resolution for 2008.”

OK.

In a related story, the cast of "The Real Housewives of Orange County" feel that they are “lots smarter” than the casts of other reality shows that are based on the lives of stupid people.

Back to grading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

x!#*!

Anonymous said...

Did Jesus lose his contact lenses? Man, he's cute. Sorta Clark Kenty.

Roy Bauer said...

1:24

You are not only amorous, but perceptive. Yes, my "Jesus" is the product of a standard Jesus portrait plus Christopher Reeve's Clark Kent.

Anonymous said...

Son o' god.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...