Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Traveling up the 5, then through GarlicVille

IT'S BECOME NECESSARY to visit my sister Fannie again. She's got renal issues, among others.

Traveling up the 5 can be mighty boring. Plus I was in a hurry. No time to stop to take pics. Gotta keep rolling.

Not far past Tejon Pass, I did notice some place called "Pumpkin Patch," or something like that. It was off to the east. Didn't go there. Was tempted, though.

There was quite a bit of traffic for a Tuesday. We're closing in on Thanksgiving Day, of course, and I suppose lots of people wanted to leave early to avoid traffic.

Fannie and I are vegetarians. so I had a Tofurkey with me. Fannie's a good cook, and she manages to create wonderful dishes, even if she's working with something like Tofurkey.

I took a few pics while driving--and I do mean while driving. I think that's illegal. If it isn't, it oughta be.

It was getting dark as I drove west toward GarlicVille. Took some pics there.

Didn't smell no garlic.

When I got to Pacifica, Fannie had made all kinds of food. There were "twice-fried french fries"--evidently, something Martha Stewart dreamt up. Go figure. There was some kinda soup, too, which was terrific. I called it "Carrot McSpuds."

Plus she had made Sweet Potato Pie! She tends to have "potato" themed activities and enterprises. She says that they're in memory of her beloved dog, "Potata."

Tiger Ann says "hey."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You takin' LSD up there, too? That's some wacky photography.

Bohrstein said...

I'm curious as to how you took your trip21b picture - it looks almost like you just hung your camera out the window... but I don't believe that.

How did you do that? The picture looks surprisingly good for a "in the car" picture, which in my experience have usually been pretty poor.

Enjoy your Tofurkey.

Anonymous said...

The highway shot (straight ahead)? That was just taken through the windshield. Nothing special. --CW

Anonymous said...

Driving with my brother "Chunk" is an experience. He drives with his Nikon on the center console picking it up when inspired, snapping away. His trick? He snaps 5 shots out the window just aimin' the thing. His talent? Knowing what to aim for, Photoshop and avoiding accidents.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...