Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dear Don:

I LIKE DON WAGNER, but every time I see him, I think: people really annoy this guy. That’s not necessarily bad. And there’s lots to be annoyed with. But being the Annoyed Guy just doesn’t work in politics. That’s obvious.

It’s like Britney Spears. You keep thinking, “Goddamit, why don’t her friends just tell her?” Maybe she's got no friends.

OK, I’ll be a friend. Don, don’t be so damned annoyed all the time.

Which reminds me of the time when I was a kid and I applied for a job at Disneyland. As I recall, I was taken to some subterranean office complex. Eventually, I sat across somebody’s desk. She asked me the usual questions.

Pretty soon, she stopped, she leaned forward. She asked: “Chunk, do you like people?”

I must’ve said the wrong thing: "No" or "Sorta." Within seconds, the interview was over.

I think I was about 40 when I finally realized that the correct answer is “yes.”

—No, I mean that, as it turns out, I really do like people.

Even Don.

OK, I’ll be a friend one more time. Don, have a little faith in people. There are a few exceptions, but faculty are not really evil or lazy or duplicitous. Generally, they’re nice and earnest and hard-working.

They want to work with you Don. Just have a little faith, OK?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it Don, you can do it, we believe in you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like "Don Orlando and Dawn", get those platform shoes out and dust 'em off.

Anonymous said...

Shake your booty!

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful of you, Chunk. I always thought the guy was just constipated.

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

Anonymous said...

You bring the erb, Chunkster and we'll smokum peace-pipe.

Anonymous said...

Don . . .

We can make each other's lives in the SOCCCD so much easier for both of us, sooooo so so so so much easier. You know how to do it. You know what needs to be done. You have the authority to do what needs to be done.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...