Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Faculty Association luncheon

Actually, this picture was taken in my office, not at the union luncheon. Rebel Girl bought these socks in London, I think, twenty years ago (she was a baby)! And, no, they are not for sale!



Well, here are some pics. The luncheon was well-attended. Good speakers. One guy--his name was "Fry," I think--talked about salaries and such. Looks like we've really come up in the world with regard to entry level salaries. The bad news: SOCCCD part-timers are like 50th in the state in salaries. That really sucks.

The Chancellor was given an opportunity to speak, briefly. He said negotiations on the new contract won't take three years this time. Gee, I wonder why they took so long last time?

I just can't imagine why.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last time we entered into contract negotiations, Raghu also emphasized he wanted a quick conclusion. However, it took three very difficult years before we finally got a contract because of the district's insistence on offering no salary raises and reducing benefits. I don't really put much faith in what Raghu says. The man has lost all credibility with me and, probably, with most of the faculty and staff.

Also, let's not forget that the faculty went three years without a salary raise. When a new contract was finally negotiated, the faculty received a 5% salary raise each year for the 3 years of the duration of the contract. But since the faculty received no salary raises for the three previous years, the total effective rate was more like 2.5%, which doesn't even keep up with the cost of living.

Anonymous said...

Get a real job.

Anonymous said...

What do you do for a living, 8:32? Or still in Mom's spare room?

Anonymous said...

I love those socks!!!

And, on faculty meetings, I wonder if other people have the same reaction as I do: I look around and think, my God, this is the worst looking group I've seen in some time...

Anonymous said...

where can I get a pair of the commie socks?

Anonymous said...

Yes, LOVE the socks! Where in London did she buy 'em?

Anonymous said...

London?

Are we in the SOCCCD even allowed to go to London?

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...