Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chunk's day in pictures

Got a note from Provost (aka "Park Ranger") Bob Kopecky, explaining that ATEP's first buildings arrived today!

After my 9:30 class (Intro to Philosophy), I walked out to one of the fields.

These scenes reminded me of the famous closing shot of Carol Reed's The Third Man.

I stopped by the Performing Arts Complex, which is under construction. I can watch construction all day. It's like watching one of those food shows.

It's amazing how quickly these things go up, isn't it?

I spotted a jet contrail just above the library.



That wag, Bob K, also sent me a picture of what he called "ATEP mountain":



After my 12:30 class (also Intro), I rushed over to B100 for the Academic Senate meeting. It turns out that VPI Dennis White was there to announce his exodus and to say a few words to friends. (More about that tomorrow.)


Went out to Waters and hoisted a few with friends. Then headed home.

On the toll road, I figured, what the hell, why not take a few snaps out the window? It was a beautiful night.

So long, Dennis. We wish you well.

OTHER RECENT POSTS:

• Thursday, Sept. 28
Chancellor Mathur's ominous fiscal "warning"

• Wednesday, Sept. 27
Lazy Susan

Site Meter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Now I've gotta watch my DVD of The Third Man tonight.

"These scenes reminded me of the famous closing shot of Carol Reed's The Third Man."

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...