Sunday, March 26, 2006

No vulture

Check out Peggy Lowe's interview of Sheriff Mike Carona in this morning's OC Register (Carona responds to his doubters).

Here's my favorite part:

Carona: I've never defined myself politically. So when all this stuff came up, we'd sit down and talk about it, but I've just never defined myself as political. My job is political. To be able to become sheriff I had to run and become political. But once I've gotten over that hurdle, what I do is operational. What I love about this job, what I studied for, what I've trained for is the operational side. The politics – I'm not so sure I could sit in a room and be one of 40 votes or 50 votes.

It's why God didn't make me a vulture. I have to kill something. I got to go out and hunt it down. I can't wait around for it to die.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Carona can be the guest speaker at commencement!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...