Friday, September 23, 2005

STEVE FROGUE COMMITS PHILATELY WITH FORMER OPPONENT! by Big Bill

A coupla weeks ago, I got a letter from your pal and mine, Steve Frogue, the man who resigned his trusteeship in 2000 so that his cronies on the board could hand-pick his replacement. (Click on graphics below.)

They chose TOM FUENTES. D'oh!



A guy like Fuentes would never make it onto the board through the front door. So Steve and his pals snuck him in through a back alley.

I thought you'd like to see the letter. Steve is pretty chatty and friendly. He even sent me some vintage "Boy Scout" stamps (see). He almost makes me feel bad about all those Messerschmitts I used to put him in, via Photoshop.


Back in the mid-90s, students swore up and down that Steve, a High School teacher, denied the Holocaust in class. (Several signed affidavits to that effect.) Steve, an avowed conspiracy nut, actually told the LA Times (11/25/96) that he thought the ADL (a Jewish civil rights organization) killed JFK. And, sadly, Steve really did invite the head reporter of Liberty Lobby (an undeniably anti-Semitic publishing "empire") to his ill-fated "Warren Commission" Forum. Plus, in the course of his trustee duties, Steve really did recommend to audiences that they read the publications of the Institute for Historical Review--a prominent and notorious Holocaust denying organization.

On the other hand, he's nice to his cat Buster. --BB

P.S.:

Oh, what the hell. Let's do it one more time!

I call this, "Steve beats a hasty retreat!" (Click on it to see larger version.)

1 comment:

Rebel Girl said...

Well, Lynn, yes, some of us oldsters still remember the term "cognitive dissonance," and I too start feelin' like a C natural warbling next to a C sharp when I imagine Frogue the Teutonic conspiracy knucklehead having quality time with Buster the cat, a creature I already know I'd like if I met 'im. .I was raise by wolves, and I can tell you that them critters can do some nasty things, but then they'll lick you right in the face like they were saints or something. Life's like that. I appreciate your comment. I'd lick you if you were here in my den. Arf.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...