Saturday, January 21, 2012

"The rest is history," says Moorlach

History
     I noticed this mention of Tom Fuentes on (OC Supervisor, Chairman) John Moorlach’s blog the other day:

John Moorlach's Postings
     …Tom has been valiantly fighting cancer. Regretfully, the cancer is winning. As he related to me in a recent e-mail: “These days, my morphine and oxygen line keeps me going, day by day.” All to say, please keep Tom and his wife and children in your prayers during this most difficult time. One mutual friend recommended to me today that mailing a brief note, some 20 words, would be of great encouragement to Tom. If you need his mailing address, please let me know.
Always looking for "talent"
     Tom and Assemblyman Mickey Conroy approached me at a convention in the fall of 1993 with the question, “Why don’t you run for County Treasurer?” As the Administrative Partner of a local C.P.A. firm, anytime I was invited to serve on a Board, it was always as Treasurer. I did not react well to the challenge. But, after giving it much thought, the rest is history. To say that Tom Fuentes changed the course of my life would be an understatement. Thank you, Tom, for an incredible journey of service to the residents of Orange County that I have enjoyed these many years.

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...