Sunday, June 13, 2021

The truth is in there (Mick West explains)


I study UFOs – and I don’t believe the alien hype. Here’s why
 

(Mick West, The Guardian, June 11) 

 Excerpt: 

...This is not to say there’s nothing for the military to be concerned about. There are real issues regarding unidentified sightings – drones being a major one. A distant drone, even a domestic one, is difficult to identify, and we know foreign adversaries have a strong interest in developing and using novel stealth drones for espionage and probing our defenses. There are other genuine issues, too – like anomalous radar returns and inexplicable eyewitness sightings – but there’s no evidence of aliens. There isn’t even really any good quality evidence of flying objects displaying amazing technology. There are, however, many people who want UFOs to be “real” and who feel like promoting the story will make it real. They present weak evidence as strong evidence. Don’t be fooled….

2 comments:

Bob said...

Roy, why was there nothing here when I brought up Dissent this morning?

You and the team's many years of supporting faculty, staff and students has be remarkable. And often amusing. What a breath of fresh oxygen.

Do continue the blog.

Roy Bauer said...

Bob, I broke my right leg badly on Sunday, had surgery Monday morning. Managed to be discharged from the hospital on Tuesday. Essentially, I can't put weight on my right leg for the time being, which means that walking is out of the question. The healing process will take a while: months, I guess. I've been busy with all that. Otherwise, I'm great.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...