Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Anteapocalyptic observance: TigerAnn, 2001-2020


     Somehow, cats have always figured into the stories and doings of Dissent/Dissent the Blog.
     One prominent Dissentular cat is TigerAnn, my sister Anni's beloved companion, who died on Monday of this week, age 19 or thereabouts.
     She was a great cat.
     Here are some images of TigerAnn that have appeared on this blog over the last ten years or so..






The Tige on the hill above my house in Trabuco Canyon, circa 2010,
smilin' like she did.
RIP, sweet girl

6 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Roy that is a beautiful tribute to dear TigerAnn. Your photography skills captured her spunk and character and those striking gooseberry green eyes. She had a wonderful life here in Bauer Canyon and many romps and adventures at her old beach home. She loved music and art like no other cat I know. Always on my knees as I tried to play/practice music or paint. I can honestly say, without exaggeration, there were no acceptations, she owned "the knee". She was a wonderful inspiration and contribution to my life and love. A gift that I am ever so grateful for. Thank you TigerAnn, your love is in my heart forever. Thank you Roy for being such a wonderful father figure to "Leena" and brother to me and all of your loving contributions to her rich life. You were always there supporting her medical needs ~amazing~, she loved you deeply.

Bob said...

Great shots of what you two clearly saw as a remarkable cat.

Anonymous said...

Lets give TigerAnn a 24 purr salute.

Anonymous said...

Tiger Ann! A truly great cat. I do believe living with our animals makes us better people. Condolences on your loss.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...