You'll recall that IVC's School of Humanities (formerly the School of Humanities and Languages) has sought realignment of "Women's Studies" to the School and Department of Humanities. To make a long story short, the School of Guidance and Counseling sought to retain that program (actually, it is no longer a program; it has lapsed into non-program status). The issue was coming to a vote on the floor of the IVC Academic Senate.
It now appears that the conflict has been resolved and
Congratulations to all involved for resolving this problem.
- Dissent's Weekly Hallway Blather
- Women's Studies at IVC, factoidal update #1: there is no "program" now
- Women's Studies at IVC, factoidal update #2: only IVC houses WS in Guidance and Counseling
- Women’s Studies at IVC, factoidal update #3: unlike the School of G&C, the School of Humanities has several faculty who have done significant post-graduate work specifically in WS
- Women's Studies courses at IVC: a deeper look
- Women's Studies at other local colleges/universities