Thursday, January 1, 2015

Objects in my house: 55 minute timers, etc.

Yes, a cheap 55-minute timer. Very cool.
My sister bought me this one. It was also cheap, but good.
I was timing the cooking of my pasta when I took this pic.
Six and a half minutes to go.
A gift: some kind of aircraft navigation equipment, perhaps indicating the degree of level flight.
I just did a little research. I do believe that it is a "turn and bank indicator." Similar instruments
were used by WW II fighters such as the P-51
Here's what it says on the back.
It's pretty old, I think.

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...