Friday, December 27, 2013

IVC's Life Sciences Building: coming soon

In recent months, Bio faculty would tell hilarious/disconcerting tales re the Life Science Building construction snafulosity. For instance, faculty were at one point told that any hint of red would not be permitted, a decision that caused some real problems. Why no red? "Because Saddleback is red," they were told. "We're blue, they're red."
"So we can't have any red, even a little patch?"
"No red. Saddleback is red."
That's what passes for leadership here at IVC.
The pic above is a very early rendering, I believe. The G-Man was still on the project.
I found this rendering at the architect's site, I think.
Looks like a confusing mess to me.
Soon, I'll just go there with my camera and take a few snaps.
It couldn't look this bad.
More confusing mess.
This looks pretty good.
If you look closely, you see that the people are translucent or diaphanous.
Wacky architects
I wonder if that thing at the left is called the "Terry Burgess Greenhouse"?
Lots of glass. Glass must be cheap.

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...