Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don Wagner celebrates his own money-grubbin’ self

About an hour ago, over at the always-mediocre OC Red County blog (AD 70 Watch: Wagner Leads The Field In Fundraising), Allan Bartlett notes a new press release from the Wagner campaign:

Wagner Leads Republican Field in Fundraising

Conservative leader posts top number of all candidates
Irvine, California – Don Wagner, founder of the Orange County chapter of the Federalist Society and president of the South Orange County Community College Board of Trustees, has announced his fundraising totals for his campaign to succeed Assemblyman Chuck DeVore, who is running for the U.S. Senate against liberal Barbara Boxer.

Wagner bested all other candidates in the race with $145,700 raised to date and $109,300 in the bank.

“I am running for the State Assembly because we need a conservative voice to succeed Chuck DeVore and a proven leader on budgetary issues,” said Wagner. “I will have the resources necessary to communicate our message of fiscal discipline and traditional values and I will work hard as a candidate and as a member of the Assembly. I will not be going to Sacramento to make friends or add a title to my resume, I am going to make change.” [?]

Don Wagner and his wife, Megan, and their three children live in Irvine. He is a graduate of UCLA and the University of California, Hastings College of Law. Don has been elected to three consecutive terms on the Board of Trustees of the South Orange County Community College District, and currently serves as the Board's president.
Bartlett then (mediocrely) opines:
These are decent numbers for Don, but I still can't believe any GOP candidates haven't "shock and awed" the field with better numbers. This is the 70th AD, one of the most Republican/richest ADs in CA. This race is still wide open. I see the three way field so far as pretty evenly balanced. Jerry [Amante] started out strong, but has fizzled out of late. Don has the most grassroots activists ready to help him, along with leading in the money chase, and Steven Choi has arguably the best name ID in the district.

I have a strong vested interest in this campaign because it is where I live. I want the strongest possible conservative/limited gov/reformer to get the GOP nomination. I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind who I am going to support. I will make a big announcement here at Red County before the local CRA endorsing convention on Feb 20th.
Gosh, we're on tenterhooks, almost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don is going to "make change"?
Who's doing his proofreading, Glenn?

Anonymous said...

The irony seems to be lost on these clowns that change is needed regarding the massive amounts of money that pollutes the legislature and government at large. They just want more of the same, but only with more money for them.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...