Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday cat



TigerAnn pretty much does what she wants to do. You can make requests, but she generally ignores them. Luckily, most of what she wants to do is pretty acceptable. Plus she tolerates hugs and kisses and such--up to a point. It cannot be denied that she has settled into a kind of permanent peevishness, although it is combined with a kittenesque inclination to do stuff, keep active, rip around.



Most cats I've known betray at least a hint of solicitousness, unless they're solitary brutes who seek to avoid or destroy humanity. Not TigerAnn. If I'm working on my laptop and she wants attention, she'll climb right on my chest or laptop and plant herself there, as though my interests couldn't possibly matter. It is a remarkable thing. It is marvelous. Sometimes, I try to communicate the existence of my contrary interests, but it is of no use whatsoever. She commences pressing keys, standing on them. Her expression: utter inscrutability.



She is, I think, a tolerant cat. That is, she tolerates me. She does not annoy easily. If I want something from her, she will quietly ignore me, communicating only an utter indifference to my interests. She is, in her mind, rising to the occasion, waiting patiently for me to just go away. She is virtuous.



The infernal feline often looks into the distance, but I have yet to observe her actually offering an opinion or inclination about it. I am vexed.

5 comments:

Bohrstein said...

Where is his hat?

Roy Bauer said...

TigerAnn don't need not stinkin' hat! She's a celebration of fur! A veritable cornucopia of fuzz and tawniness!

Anonymous said...

She needs some make up or perhaps a different angle to the shot.

Still, a veritable fluffy body of fur.

Anonymous said...

This is 4:02.

Thanks Roy for making her majestic.

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...