Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rainy day in OC

Lambrose Canyon Rd. this morning.

Irvine Valley College.

Modjeska Grade, this afternoon.

Cloud threatens to eat South County.

After the meal.

To see video of those special people in Ladera Ranch who gathered to pray for the CAPO school district, click here. Skip to about 2:20.

Gosh, if I didn't know better, I'd swear they were engaging in some kind of pagan ritual. Devil-worship, maybe. Could be.

I don't get it.

THE IMPORTANCE OF COW BELLS:

Go ahead. Revel in the excellent cow-bellitude. When the "Li'l Bastard" isn't crooning about "our country" (bleccch!), he rocks most excellently. Kenny Aronoff kills.

The original cow-bell wonderfulness. I remember it well. I was on Catalina Island, Cherry Valley Harbor, and that cow bell rang over the harbor on a warm summer night. Even then, I knew I was experiencing prodigious and cosmic cow-bellitude.

3 comments:

Bohrstein said...

Ya gotta love Orange County. A "self help" murderer, and people praying to solve their financial problems.

I'm a little curious about Mr Sherman (Pastor whose house burned down) to... but I'm feeling too cynical to take myself seriously.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo of the emerald road in Lambrose Canyon, Chunk.

Anonymous said...

p.s. NOTHING is better than the cowbells in "Honky Tonk Women." I didn't quite know it at the time, but that performance was really my own introduction to the fantastic sexuality and joy of rock 'n roll. It took me years to figure out that the cowbells were central to the song's infinite coolness.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...