Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cold, beautiful night

It was dark. I looked out my window and saw clouds, and the moon, very bright. Got my camera and took a few. I almost never drink anymore, but I had a Becks, looking at this marvelous sky, waiting for my camera to say, "click."

I used to say that I remembered my childhood as a kind of dark age, with gray skies and dreary, stone walls, but now I'm not so sure.

I recall laying on the floor, on my back, with the crummy speakers of the crummy stereo on each ear, listening to Nights in White Satin, and swooning. 

"How can a thing be so good? What can this feeling mean?"

Nights in White Satin


Tuesday Afternoon

5 comments:

13 Stoploss said...

::Sigh::

Don't think less of us, but we have collectively put in over 80 hours playing that "story."

(Mrs. 13 used to play Nights in White Satin in Marching Band for halftime...)

Brought back memories, and a slap on the shoulder to continue the years-ago abandoned sequel that rests in our media shelf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X#Reception

Roy Bauer said...

Gosh, SL13, I only chose this video because the image/music combo was good. I know nothing about this story or about Play Station or about Final Fantasy. Looking at it, though, I can well imagine something terrific.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos, Roy. I am jealous and inspired!

Candice said...

Bauer goes poetical by mystical force of brilliant moon:

extra-ordinary, i think.


P.s.
Helloo.

Roy Bauer said...

Candice the extra-ordinary student? Candice who attended the Bradbury event? Back atcha.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...