Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sarah's birthday party


Me 'n' the Janster went to little Sarah's 5th B-Day party today. It was at some community park in Fountain Freakin' Valley. I didn't notice no fountains. No valley neither.

That's OC for you.

That's Sarah on the right with one of her little friends.

Sarah seems to be the "leader" type. But she's sweet, and way polite. You can see that in her face, cancha? She never howls or shrieks.

Here's her brother, Adam, who kept telling me that I was doing everything wrong. I think he's working through some issues that have nothing to do with me.

Sweet kid, though.

The party started with some "science experiments"—we missed that because we were late.

Sarah's very scientific. I keep buyin' her dinosaurs and shit. Got her a bug camera for Christmas. She's into optics.

Here's Sarah & friend checkin' out one of my new nieces. Man, they're pilin' up fast, those nieces. Can't keep 'em straight. This one's Natalie. Or maybe Catherine. I suggested that they put a mark on one of 'em to tell 'em apart.

Here's one of Sarah's cousins. I always take snaps of this sweet kid cuz of her laughing eyes.

Here's Sarah's "Chinese dragon" B-Day cake. Don't ask.

Sarah's holding forth and her friend is all ears.

Later, on my way home to the canyon, I drove through Rancho Santa Margarita. Took this shot through my windshield.

You can see Saddleback Mountain in the middle. See how it's wearing some clouds?

Not a bad day. Little kids are almost as good as puppies and kittens, if you ask me, and that's saying something. You know what I mean.

P.S.: I found this one up in a tree.

At one point, they lined the kids up against the wall à la Usual Suspects. Don't know why.

No comments:

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...