Sunday, July 29, 2007

The peevish Tiger-Ann, layin' across my big brass bed

FANNIE keeps saying that I'm having "an affair" with Tiger-Ann. That's cuz I had to leave Sunny Girl (aka the Pocket Puma) at home for this here road trip, and Fannie's cat, Tiger-Ann, insists on sleeping on my bed all day here in my temp digs in Pacifica, CA.

Up here in soggy Pacifica, I don't really have a big, brass bed. It's more like a semi-rectangular beach ball, with a colorful sheet over it. I saw the box it came in in the corner. I had no idea they made beds that you just blow up with your mouth. It must've taken Fannie all afternoon.

I've gotta be careful to sleep exactly in the middle of this thing so I don't roll off or pop it—and then fall into the cat box. That would be bad, cuz that Tiger-Ann doesn't like to share space.

Down south, Mamma Sierra is watchin' over Sunny. I talked to Mamma S earlier today, and she reports that Sunny is flourishing down there in the land of goddam sunshine. It's like I never left. Better even, cuz Sunny and Mamma S have staring contests.

Mostly, of course, Sunny, like the Tiger, is layin' across my big brass bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That car is scary looking, please quit scaring me!

Anonymous said...

I hope that your sister is doing well, Chunk.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...