Friday, February 9, 2007

ATEP classrooms under construction



PARK RANGER BOB keeps telling me about the new classrooms at ATEP, and since I was sorta in the neighborhood today, I drove over to Redhill & Valencia to check 'em out.


I was pretty impressed. The buildings aren't your usual square, cheapy boxes. At least from the outside, they look kind of industrial and technical--like they've got something to do with Technology. ("ATEP" refers to the Advanced Technology and Education Park.)


They also look like they've got something to do with the color yellow. Dunno what that's about, but yellow's a good color, I guess.


As you can see, some of the rooms are plenty roomy inside. They look pretty sharp, near as I can tell.



Below is a Cyber Cafe kind of place--you know, where people can fire up their laptops, sip coffee, and shake like a leaf for hours.

The room below has a view of the intersection of Valencia and Redhill. No doubt students will see some wrecks. Check out the high ceilings.

At least for now, TREES:

I couldn't resist the urge to drive over to the hangers and take a few snaps. Love them hangers!




Site Meter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I wouldn't mind teaching in one of those rooms. Why the hell not?

Anonymous said...

What's with this fixation on ATEP? What difference does it make what happens there? I say forget about it! Or sell the property!

Anonymous said...

As I recall, we are prohibited from selling for 20 years. Good use can be made of that property. We need to be on the lookout, though, for sharpies. This little village, though, is just good classroom space stuck out there in Tustin/Santa Ana. Let's use it!

Anonymous said...

As I recall, we are prohibited from selling for 20 years. Good use can be made of that property. We need to be on the lookout, though, for sharpies. This little village, though, is just good classroom space stuck out there in Tustin/Santa Ana. Let's use it!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...