Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don's new campaign literature

.....
.....Over on Red County, the always uninspired Matt Cunninghham has posted links to Don Wagner's new campaign literature. Check it out.



.....Naturally, I'm deeply hurt that Don has chosen to abandon use of my fabulous quotation about him. But politics is nothing if not ruthless, I guess.



.....Also, just in case anyone cares, here's Dave Lang's candidates statement re his run for OC Treasurer/Tax Collector:

TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR
NAME: DAVID B. LANG AGE: 56
OCCUPATION: Trustee, South Orange County Community College District

.....As a Certified Public Accountant, founding shareholder of HBLA, and a 14-year elected Trustee of SOCCCD, I have worked as a fiscal conservative to assure the rock solid financial condition of our district. I have served multiple terms as Board President. Our board oversees a $435 million budget with multimillion reserves and minimal debt.
.....As an owner in a CPA firm these past 25 years, I also know the challenges of operating a business and making tough decisions.
.....As Treasurer, I would be a principled leader, who believes in reducing the size of government and opposing tax increases. My proven decision-making and financial skills, would enable me to effectively work with county leadership.
.....I have been very active in the community: on the National Board of Governors of American Jewish Community; Past President of IVC Foundation, the Rotary Club of Santa Ana, and AJC; and other organizations.
.....I earned a Bachelors in Accounting Summa Cum Laude from Pennsylvania State University and Masters in Business Taxation from the University of Southern California.
.....My wife of 15 years, Julia, and I reside in Irvine. I pledge to you my commitment to the safety of taxpayer funds and ask for your vote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw some anemic Dave Lang signs on my way home...

Anonymous said...

Nice looking family. His wife is a blonde.

Anonymous said...

Boilerplate babble.

Anonymous said...

You have to slow down to read Lang's signs!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...