Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A delightful cookie soirée

The always-adventurous and gregarious Lisa and David held a fine "cookie soirée" in the A200 faculty lounge today at Irvine Valley College. The cookie count was high, and the coffee was good, albeit presented in a cardboard box.

Denizens of the college traveled from as far afield as A100 to join in the java 'n' chocolate-chippian merriment. Hell, some of the people were total strangers to me. I said "Hi" anyway.

David's mom made most of the cookies, I think. They were great, although the white ones reminded me of the Monsanto "House of the Future" at Disneyland, which I'm told they've squirreled away in the basement next to Mr. Toad.

Lisa was as pleased as punch. She's quite the community organizer, you know--and an anarchist, like Professor Chomsky.

People came in waves. Each time, Lisa chased me out there to be friendly and smile like a dope, but that was OK. Everybody was nice and a good time was had by all.

I ate one too many cookies and so I'm now descending into a diabetic coma, but I need some sleep anyway.

Be on the lookout for Lisa and David's next soirée, which will feature the return of "yellow cake" and Uncle Buster's special phosphorescent Key lime pie. Yum!

Took some pics on the way home. You can tell, I guess, that the coma started kicking in. Whatever.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking cookies but they go right to the hips and posterior. Stick to your veggies, people. We don't need any more "wide loads" at IVC.

Anonymous said...

Well, we didn't really eat 'em, anyway. We just looked at 'em while discussing poetry and Deconstruction.

The coffee was good, though.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Oh wow! Now I have this god aweful craving for Peppridge Farm's chocolate chip big chunk cookies. Those cookies look sooo goood right now. I'm sure it was fun.

Bohrstein said...

De-freakin-licious looking.

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh. I saw you, Chunk. Carrying a load of those cookies out to your car.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...