Thursday, September 21, 2006

Most corrupt

Beyond DeLay: my Congressman, Republican Gary Miller, has made the "most corrupt" list.

I feel so special.

Meanwhile, about a mile from my place, at the edge of O'Neill Regional Park, cops found a HUGE pot plantation (20,000 plants). Here they are grabbin' some for home use:


My late brother used to have a pot crop in these parts. He knew the Latin terms for the different varieties. He'd go on and on about them.

He had a great green thumb, he did.

(See The Hills are Alive, with Pot. The above picture renders the Times photo from that article.)

UPDATES:

Source of Pot Farm Eludes Officials

Pot farms described as threat to nature

3 comments:

Rebel Girl said...

You ARE special, Chunk.

Anonymous said...

Damn...They found my stash...I hate it when they do that...I'd better make run out to Barstow and check on the meth lab...

Anonymous said...

You really should read the Times and Register articles; they're pretty funny. For instance, we're told that the cops got heat exhaustion destroying the crops. That's a lot of effort just to destroy this silly little plant. The stuff about the 22s, though, is plenty creepy. I used to ride my bike through there every day. I had no idea what was behind those trees. I bet the kids in the neighborhood knew all about it, though. How could they not? They're always out there up to no good. Unless them lions scared 'em all away.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...