Monday, July 16, 2012

It's the same ol' OC corruption shuffle

The Drakster
     Remember when the Supes contrived to prevent that report on John Williams from seeing the light of day? Yeah, what a surprise that was.
     Nobody seemed to care. The public is brain dead, unresponsive, vegetative. It's like those people in former Soviet republics who long for the likes of Stalin.
     They might as well shoot themselves in the head.
     Well, here's another one of those special moments:

DA Blocks Release of Controversial Letter (Voice of OC)
     District Attorney Tony Rackauckas Monday quashed the release of a politically explosive letter sent to the Orange County Board of Supervisors by an attorney representing Deputy CEO Alisa Drakodaidis, who abruptly went on a medical leave in the wake of sex crimes charges against former county Public Works executive Carlos Bustamante.
     “Both the CEO [Tom Mauk] and county counsel [Nick Chrisos] have said the letter cannot be released because the district attorney doesn’t want it released,” said board Chairman John Moorlach in response to a public records request by Voice of OC.
. . .
     Drakodaidis put herself on leave last week just as Public Works Director Jess Carbajal was fired for his handling of allegations that Bustamante … sexually terrorized at least seven women who worked for him.…
     According to sources who have seen the letter, Drakodaidis, who supervised both Bustamante and Carbajal, alleges that members of the Board of Supervisors have been meddling in contracts and using their influence to secure spots within the county bureaucracy for their staff aides.
Better than ever
     Sources indicate the letter also alleges that Rackaucakas pursued the Bustamante case because he is angry with Mauk over the CEO’s handling of issues regarding Public Administrator John Williams, who employed Rackauckas’ fiancee Peggi Buff.
     County officials have resisted releasing the letter since Friday.
. . .
     The Bustamante case seems to have many in county government nervous.
. . .
     Supervisor Shawn Nelson didn’t return a call seeking comment on the letter’s release, and Supervisor Janet Nguyen, who was traveling in Washington, D.C., said she hadn't taken part in the county counsel briefing and couldn’t comment….
     No doubt the public has every right to see that dang letter. But they won't see it. And a few scattered progressives will carp, but everybody else will just zone out. Go back to watching "Two and a Half Men."

More fallout related to Bustamante sex probe? (OC Watchdog/Reg)

3 comments:

  1. I think you're being a bit unfair to the public at large with these castigations. There is, I believe, great concern about the continued status of some judges on "American Idol," for example.

    So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Williams, the gift that just keeps giving. Apparently the D.A. is upset at the County CEO Mauk for Williams' outster and the ouster of the D.A.'s fiancee Peggi Buff as the Assistant PAPG, hence the aggressive investigation of BustaMauk. Now the Deputy CEO who Mauk is apparently going to place all the blame places herself on leave and writes a tell-all letter exposing widespread corruption in all levels of the County. Stay tuned! PP

    ReplyDelete

Trolls and flamers will be cursed by our team of black magicians