Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guess I'm falling in love

For some reason, all day today I've been thinking about the Velvet Underground. Here's a great Velvets tune recorded live in early 1967. There's an even wilder instrumental version that I'll try to dig up.

I got fever in my pocket
You know I gotta move
Hey babe, I guess I'm falling in love

I got fever in my pocket
Down to my shoes
Oh babe, I guess I'm falling in love

Here we have one of the many "other sides" of the Velvets, a great tune about a being in the universe, young and vulnerable and lost

Sunday morning and I'm falling
I've got a feeling I don't want to know
Early dawning, Sunday morning
It's all the streets you crossed, not so long ago

Watch out, the world's behind you
There's always someone around you who will call
It's nothing at all

Did I mention, yesterday, that the Commencement audience looked directly into the sun during the ceremony? Yeah. Luckily, the college had zillions of "IVC sunglasses" (see below) on hand—go figure!—which they distributed.
Near as I could tell, only the kids wore 'em. They loved 'em.
I'm modeling the glasses above, in a pic taken right where I'm sitting. (I'm very low tech.) I'm wearing a hat I bought in Berlin a year ago.
Now you know where all the money goes. Cheap sunglasses. And IVC lipbalm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lou Reed really blows. No talent whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

6:49 has a budding career in music criticism, we see.

Anonymous said...

Yeah plus he was always sticking heroin filled needles into his arms. A true member of the commie drug counterculture crowd. Kind of like today's Occupy mentality, gimme drugs, free money, a house, a high paying entry level job, and relieve me of my student loan debt. Why? Society owes them because they finished school! Doncha know?

Anonymous said...

Who is this disfunctional, angry little fellow? Still unhappy because you haven't left home yet? Daddy couldn't buy your way into Princeton and get you your rightful legacy? Distressed that some people are paying attention to the right wing's looting of this country, making it third world? Or just off your meds?

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...