Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What were the results of the "critically important" Employee Satisfaction Survey?

     On December 6, 2011—i.e., three months ago—Irvine Valley College employees received an email from IVC Prez Glenn Roquemore, Ac. Senate Prez Lisa Davis Allen, and Class. Senate Prez Dennis Gordon announcing that
the 2011 Employee Satisfaction Survey is ready for your participation. We cordially invite and encourage all faculty and staff to complete the survey on or before December 21, 2011…. We thank you in advance for completing this critically important survey. Your input is essential!
     Anybody know what’s become of that survey? Have the results been reported? Is there even a plan to report them?
     I did a search of my old emails and I can't find any sort of announcement of survey results. (But since I have my college emails transferred to my home account, it is possible that something got lost, I suppose.)
     Tell us what you know, if anything. (No mere rumors, please.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I remember that the Ac Senate made a mistake by requiring the survey be completed in Dec. due to finals and they had to extend the survey through the end of Jan. to get faculty participation. So it's only been a month. I don't think there is a conspiracy to conceal the results.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the similar mistake made having the scholarship apps due during Spring break.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the senate has lost touch. How about a Civility? Work Group meeting in Dec? How many flipping Work Groups has the senate created? What's a Work Group? Maybe they can create a work group to work on the survey results in June! Better July!

Anonymous said...

If the results are negative (and how could that be anything but?), they will probably release them quietly at the end of the semester. I saved what I wrote, so I'll be checking to see if it was censored.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I recall that they later extended the deadline for the satisfaction survey. I thought it might have been because the results weren't turning out as they hoped.

Anonymous said...

I hope the survey shows that I'm not alone in my belief that the current Vice President of Instruction is not suited for the job at IVC. Let's do a vote of no confidence as soon as we get the senate back.

Anonymous said...

Do you know why inmates are often given the possibility of parole every several years? It’s to keep prisoners complacent with hope. Thank you for patiently waiting for results of the employee satisfaction surveys.

Anonymous said...

I've also been checking my emails. Nope.

Anonymous said...

Can we trust the results?

Anonymous said...

I think the the President of the college is of high moral character. He will make sure the results are distributed and accurate whatever the outcome.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I love that man.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad it's spring break.

Anonymous said...

5:16 is that you, Kianna?

Anonymous said...

2:58, yes just like how he did with the tri-tip.

Anonymous said...

Its a Glenn love-fest! Or just a -Glove-

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...