Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back

Nearing L.A.
     Finally got back to Southern California--about 6:00 p.m. last night. Had a snafu with our shuttle service, so we didn't get home until maybe 10 or 11. Sheesh.
     Looking forward to normality. Right now, owing I suppose to all those hours in those sardine-can 757-200s, I feel like 40 miles of bad road. But it was a great trip.
     I was happy to read the news about John Williams. There are things brewing with Tom Fuentes as well. All will be revealed soon enough.
     Later.

These are the "anonymous" street musicians we happened to catch near Alexanderplatz in Berlin—on Monday. We enjoyed them very much. I'm not sure what to make of them. Some kind of world music, I guess. I hear some New Orleans Jazz, but certainly not only that. Some of their music reflected Spanish or Middle Eastern influences. (Here one finds them playing Hava Nagila.) Still more of their hotness can be experienced here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, and thanks again for the terrific tour.

Anonymous said...

Excellent to have you back! Thanks for the tour from me, too. 'Twas almost as if we were there with you--minus all of the annoyances, but benefitting from the tales.

MAH

Anonymous said...

Is that Glenn out on the wing?

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to my Schopenhauer souvenirs.

gj said...

Glad you're back, and safely, but I'll miss the entertaining travelogue.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. It was pretty funny yet sad to watch John Williams sit in the audience as the BOS voted 5-0 to fire him, then Chairman Campbell states "Thank you for coming John!" LMAO! He then slithered out of the building with Phil Greer. Now, no doubt, Williams will file a law suit claiming emotional duress among other things. I can't wait! Hurry up and spill the beans on Fuentes!!! PP

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...