Monday, June 6, 2011

The folks on their last day in Berlin

Edith declared that she had ridden to the top of this thing as a little girl. "Don't think so," said Manny.
Later, I discovered that the dang thing was built by the Commies back in 1968, so there's no way.
But my mom hangs tough.
My dad and I have decided to call it the Berlin "time machine." We went to the top of thing thing today but we managed to avoid time travel.
As far as we know, at least.

Here we are with our cute Nigerian-German cabby

At an Italian restaurant in one of Berlin's many cool spots. Listened to a cool band, too.
Mom insisted on ordering a fancy chocolate desert. It arrived as a big mouse head with mouse ears made of crackers. Mom grabbed one of Mickey's ears and ate it.
"You're eating Mickey's ear!" I protested.
"Don't worry. Mickey's dead," said mom. She ate the whole damned thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more in an excellent line of dispatches. You are, indeed, hilarious, BvT. And so is your Mom! "Mickey's dead." I like that--like it a lot.

Welcome home, soon!

MAH

Anonymous said...

I love your parents - I wish I knew your mom...ES

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of your folks!

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...