Monday, May 30, 2011

South to Polzin: beautiful countryside

This morning, we headed south/southeast toward Polzin, just a few kilometers from my mother's home town of Bärwalde, in Pommern--now in the northwest corner of Poland.

The countryside continues to be beautiful. This is a typical road scene (just north of Polzin).

No, really, this is what it looks like, mile after mile (er, kilometer after kilometer). And the towns are seriously quaint.
We're staying at the Hotel Marta Spa, which is very European. Some of the staff dress as nurses. The food is very, um, healthy. I'll show you more when I have time later. Looks great. All is well.

1 comment:

gj said...

I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your pictures and travel tales.

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...