Thursday, May 22, 2008

Slippin' an' slidin' down Live Oak Cyn. Rd.


Just got back from Live Oak Canyon Rd. Right now, it’s impassable, unless you’re a lunatic with a silver Chrysler 300. Man! I was surfin’! Even our little private road (Lambrose Canyon, not far from Hamilton Trail) is essentially impassable. It's clear that, had anyone been driving across our creek at the wrong moment, they would have been swept down the canyon. Really. I'm talking maybe 3-4 feet of water coming down fast.

I made it maybe a mile and a half down the road (i.e., about a mile and a half above O’Neill Park) before I ran into some heavy equipment that wouldn’t let me pass. Dang!

I took a few pics. I do hope they tell the story.




The Reb just called. They are letting people into their homes in Modjeska Canyon to collect a few things and then evacuate again. She has no idea where her family will be staying tonight. I offered my place, but that won't work. They won't let anybody in, near as I can tell.

The OC Reg just posted some pictures:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cooks corner awesome, suddenly i am feeling thirsty see ya

Roy's obituary in LA Times and Register: "we were lucky to have you while we did"

  This ran in the Sunday December 24, 2023 edition of the Los Angeles Times and the Orange County Register : July 14, 1955 - November 20, 2...